Can I get fire insurance through Sonnet?

Sonnet covers you for loss or damage caused by a fire whether you’re a homeowner, condo owner, landlord or tenant. Proof of fire insurance is often requested by a mortgagee or landlord – our policies include fire insurance along with many other coverages. You can provide a copy of your home insurance policy for this request.

Your insurance will cover you for any accident that results . For example, a fire that started due to a short-circuit, lightning or a flood. You’re also covered for subsequent smoke damage (such as ruined clothing or furniture).

The only time you’re not covered for fire damage is if you (or someone in the household) started the fire deliberately.