Alberta Teachers who bundle could save an average of $978
Get an exclusive discount* as an Alberta Teacher and bundle your home and auto to save even more.
Get a discount on home and auto insurance
We’ve teamed up with TW Insurance Brokers to give Alberta teachers access to Canada’s first fully online insurance company and exclusive savings on home and auto insurance. Just answer a few simple questions and we’ll provide coverage options and a price built just for you!
Getting your exclusive Alberta teachers discount* is easy. Just follow the link below and use your school division or district email address as your Group ID – your discount will automatically be applied. Bundle your home and auto insurance and you could save even more. The price you’re quoted is final. There are no hidden fees or follow up calls. Just click, review and buy online.
Quote & buy online
Sonnet is Canada’s first fully online insurance company. Answer a few simple questions, customize your coverage and buy securely online. Login anytime to manage your account, access policy documents and more.
Online doesn’t have to mean on-your-own. Our award-winning Insurance Advisors are here to help. Email, chat or call our fully-licensed agents and experience our 91% customer satisfaction score for yourself.
24/7 claims support
With 600 claims professionals and a network of certified partners across Canada—we’re always here when you need us. Plus, our hassle-free claims promise guarantees the quality of your repairs when you use our pre-screened vendors.
Check out Sonnet at the Alberta teacher conventions
Sonnet may be a digital company, but we’re here for you in person when it counts – from our fully-licensed insurance agents to our claims professionals. You could even find us in person at events like the 2019
Depending on your group, some discounts will apply to both your auto and property policies, while others may apply only to one. If you’re a member of multiple groups, you can only apply one discount per policy.
During your home or auto quote, start typing and select your group from the dropdown, then enter your
If you’re already a Sonnet customer, you can easily add your group discount online in a few steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Select the policy you’d like to add a Group Discount to.
- Select Add Group Discount.
- In the screen that appears, search for the name of your Group or Association and select it from the suggestions that appear. We’ll ask for your
group IDto confirm your eligibility.
- If you are an alumni of a Canadian University, you can also search for the name of the Canadian University you graduated from and select it from the suggestions that appear. We’ll ask you for your graduation year to confirm your eligibility.
- Click Add Group.
- Review your policy change and any impact to the price of your policy over the remaining policy term. Click Update Policy.
- Your policy has been updated with a Group Discount. Review your updated policy payment schedule for changes to the amount of your payments.
Your group discount will automatically be applied to the selected policy. If we’re unable to verify your eligibility, then the discount will be removed.
If you have multiple policies with Sonnet, repeat the steps above for each policy to add a qualifying group discount.
Adding a group discount is easy.
- Look for the Group Discount field when getting a home or auto quote. You can quickly search for the name of your group or association and select it from the suggestions that appear. We’ll ask for your
group IDto confirm your eligibility.
- If you’re a university alumni, look for the Canadian University field. You can quickly search for the name of the university you graduated from. As a university alumni, you may be eligible for a group discount. We’ll ask you for your graduation year to confirm your eligibility.
- Click Continue.
- That’s it! Your group discount will automatically be applied to your quote. If we’re unable to verify your eligibility, then the discount will be removed.
Already have a Sonnet insurance policy? Learn
To qualify for a group discount, you or your spouse need to be an alumni of an eligible Canadian University, member of an eligible association, an affinity partner or an employee/retiree of a sponsored company. When you add your discount, we’ll also ask for a
Is your classroom going digital?
From insurance to teaching, technology is changing so many parts of our lives. Whether you’re teaching in-person or remotely, technology is there to help you do it even better. Visit the
TIP: To take your class fully online, check out this
The 5 minutes to get insured is based on the average Sonnet customer experience.
The Sonnet customer satisfaction score is based on the average survey results of Economical Insurance respondents between January to December 2018.
TW Insurance Brokers and Sonnet have a commercial alliance.
*This discount is currently only available to residents of Alberta.