3. Ownership of site, Reserved rights and grant of limited licence
(1) The site consists of various graphics, texts, icons, buttons, videos, audio and other files, images, designs, texts, trade-marks, source code, multimedia clips, brand names, software, and the selection and arrangement of the contents of the site, and other materials (collectively, the “Website Content”) that have been provided by Sonnet and/or other individuals or entities. Sonnet either owns or has acquired the necessary licences to the intellectual property rights, including copyright, trademarks, service marks or trade names in the information set out in this site, including without limitation the Website Content. As such this site is protected by copyright, trademark, service mark and other proprietary rights and laws. You hereby acknowledge that the site and each component of the site (including, without limitation, the Website Content) are protected to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law – including, but not limited to, copyright, trade-mark, patent and all other applicable intellectual property and other laws. Your use of the site and/or any Website Content does not grant or transfer to you any ownership or other rights in the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, the Website Content), and except as expressly provided, nothing herein or within the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, the Website Content) shall be construed as conferring on you or any other person or entity any licence under any of Sonnet’s or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights. Any rights not expressly granted to you in this Agreement are expressly reserved by Sonnet.
(2) Certain names, graphics, logos, icons, designs, words, titles or phrases contained within the site and/or Website Content may constitute trade names, registered or unregistered trade-marks or service marks (collectively, “Trade-marks”) of Sonnet or other third party individuals or entities.
Trade-marks may be unregistered or registered in Canada and in other countries, as applicable. All Trade-marks not owned by Sonnet are the property of their respective owners, and, where used by Sonnet are used under licence or with permission. All Trade-marks are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of their respective owner(s). Any use of such Trade-marks, except as expressly provided for herein, without the express written consent of the applicable owner is strictly prohibited. Nothing contained herein or on the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, the Website Content) may be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence to use any Trade-mark(s). You agree that you will not take any actions inconsistent with Sonnet’s ownership of, or any third party’s ownership of, the Trade-marks.
(3) As a user of the site, you are granted a limited, revocable, non sub-licensable licence under the intellectual property rights licensable by Sonnet to download, view and print the Information solely for your personal, non-commercial use in connection with your use of the site provided that you shall be fully responsible for any consequences resulting from such use. Any other use of the Information is prohibited. None of the Information may be otherwise copied, reproduced, republished, altered, adapted, modified, published, translated, defaced, transmitted, distributed, displayed, sold, or disseminated in any manner or form without the prior written consent of Sonnet.
(4) You will not: (i) cover or obscure any banner advertisements on the site via HTML/CSS, scripting, or any other means; (ii) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the site, the networks connected to the site or take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure used to run and maintain the site; (iii) bypass any measures used to prevent or restrict access to the site; (iv) introduce software or automated agents to the site, or access the site so as to generate automated messages (except as may be expressly contemplated by any functionality that Sonnet chooses to make available on the site), or to strip or mine data from the site; (v) interfere with, disrupt, or modify the functionality of the site; (vi) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or translate the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, the Website Content); (vii) attempt to derive the source code of the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, the Website Content, except as may be expressly contemplated by any functionality that Sonnet chooses to make available on the site); (viii) create any derivative work from the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, the Website Content); or (ix) remove any proprietary notice of Sonnet, or any third party, from any copy of the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, the Website Content; or (x) authorize or assist any third party to do any of the foregoing.
(5) Sonnet will take appropriate legal action to enforce its rights, as Sonnet determines to be necessary or advisable in its sole and absolute discretion.