It’s that time of year – something changes in the air and suddenly you’re enjoying the last weekend of summer. Anticipating all that fall brings can be a bit daunting – whether getting the kids ready a new school year or going back to work after a long vacation, routines can be hard to jump back into. These tips will help you digest the fact that summer is over, and help you get back into the swing of things!
1. Start small. Much like the beginning of a new year, motivation to do things like exercise more, eat healthy, or stop spending money, is at a high when thinking about getting back into a daily routine. However, motivation (unfortunately) doesn’t stick around for long periods of time. It’s a good idea to start small and focus on forming habits – things that are attainable and realistic.
2. Declutter your space. Your time is going to start to be allocated to school events and things like hockey practice, so take a day or two to
3. Review your insurance.
4. Give yourself a buffer period. Arguably one of the worst feelings is to end a vacation or weekend at the cottage and immediately have to jump back into reality. Give yourself a day or two to get your bearings and plan for your return.
5. Get ready for back to school. Time to prep the kids for “the most wonderful time of year”! Whether your youngest is starting kindergarten, or
6. Fall clean-up. Although we’re still in denial about this, it is a good time to start thinking about
7. Get your wheels in check. Routines generally mean more driving, so it might be worthwhile to get a regular check-up to avoid that unwanted engine light coming on. It’s also important that your auto insurance policy reflects this. If you’re going to be on the road more, consider adding
8. Don’t stop the fun! Just because summer (or your vacation) is over, doesn’t mean you have to stop planning fun things to do. Try and make time for something with the family on the weekends like day trips or movie nights – it’ll help ease the sting of the end-of-summer blues.
We hope these tips help get you back into your routine – you’ve got this!