I ran over a tire/car part/object on the road and my car was damaged. Is this a collision or a comprehensive claim?

This would be considered a collision claim. Collision covers incidents where you’re driving and you hit an object like a road sign or a streetlight – as well as other miscellaneous objects, like a random tire in the middle of the road. You can submit a collision claim for this type of damage – as long as the cost of damage exceeds your deductible.

Read more about what’s covered by collision and comprehensive coverages in our info-packed blogs.