Do I need to pay extra for hail coverage?

You only need to purchase hail coverage if you’re a homeowner or own a rental property in Alberta. If you’re a renter or a condo owner in Alberta, it’s already included with your policy. Note: If the roof on your house or detached structure is over 5-years-old and the damage is caused by hail, then depreciation will be applied to the payment for damages to your roof.

For the rest of Canada, hail coverage is included in your standard home policy.