Keeping comprehensive insurance on your stored car is highly recommended. You can switch your auto coverage over to comprehensive while your car is in storage. (This option is not available in Quebec.) Doing so will remove all coverage from your vehicle except for comprehensive car insurance. This means that your car will only be covered for events that can happen while it’s parked, such as fire, theft, or vandalism. It also means that you can’t drive your car, as it won’t have
You can manage your vehicle’s coverage through your Sonnet account. Log in to your account and follow these steps to switch to Comprehensive only coverage:
- Click on your auto policy, followed by Edit policy.
- Select Update vehicles, drivers and coverage and the date you want the change to take effect.
- Continue to Your coverage details. Under Coverage with choice, click View other options.
- Select Comprehensive only. After clicking Update, you’ll need to confirm that you’re sure you want to make this change.
- Click Update policy.
- Click Update policy one more time to make the change.
When you’re ready to drive your car again, don’t forget to add coverage back to your vehicle.