How do you get tenant insurance in B.C.?

If you’re renting an apartment, condo or home in British Columbia, you can buy tenant (or contents) insurance through private insurance companies. Even though you don’t own the building you live in, you’ll want to protect your stuff in case something happens to your place – like a fire or an earthquake.

Because as a tenant you don’t own the building you live in, you don’t need a home insurance policy. A renters insurance policy covers your personal belongings (including your laptop, tv and more) in case something happens. And, it provides legal liability coverage and even a place to stay in case you can’t stay in your home due to a covered event.

Looking for a quote? With Sonnet, you can get a quote and buy your policy in around just five minutes! No phone call – no fuss.