You can cancel your car or home insurance policy directly through your online account. But – we’d be sorry to see you go!
If you still want to cancel your policy, please make sure that you have new coverage ready to go so you’re not left unprotected. You can then follow these steps to cancel your policy:
Heads up! We are unable to cancel a policy if there is currently a missed payment outstanding.
1. Log in to your Sonnet account.
2. Select the policy you’d like to cancel.
3. Click Edit policy.
4. From the options that appear, select Cancel policy and Continue.
5. Select a cancellation date for your policy (sorry, we can't backdate your cancellation via your Sonnet account). We’ll also ask why you’re looking to cancel.
Heads up! If you have an upcoming payment scheduled on or around your selected cancellation date, this payment may still occur.
6. If you need to contact us to discuss all your options before cancelling, you can do so by clicking Contact us or starting a chat. To continue with your cancellation, click I’d still like to cancel this policy.
7. Provide any feedback you would like on how we can do better, then click Continue cancellation.
Heads up! Your cancellation may include a
8. Check off that you provide your consent for the policy to be cancelled.
9. Click Continue.
10. Confirm that you’d like to cancel your policy by selecting Cancel policy.
No matter where and what policy you’re cancelling, depending on your cancellation date, we may
You’ll also continue to have access to your Sonnet account if you need to review your cancelled policy later on or if you want to get a new quote in the future.