Try searching again using similar keywords or browsing by topic. In the meantime, here are some of our top blog articles and most frequently asked questions.
Once you've purchased your auto policy, we’ll send you an email with a link to activate your Sonnet account. Your car’s pink slip (also known as your liability card or liability slip) and
Looking for your pink slip in your account? Follow these steps:
- Log in to your account and click on your auto policy.
- Click Download documents.
- Select Download under your Liability Card to get your pink slip.
- We’ll also send you a hard copy of your new pink slip through the mail (which takes about 5 business days).
Haven’t received your liability slip in the mail? First, double check the mailing address listed on your account. You can do this by signing into your account and selecting Settings. If your mailing address is incorrect,
Heads up! Although
Yes, you’ll still need to get car insurance for your leased or financed vehicle. It’s not included in your lease or contract.
The leasing or financing company may have specific car insurance requirements as a condition of your contract with them. These could include a minimum deductible for collision and comprehensive coverages. You’ll also need to list them on your policy as an additional interest, since they have a stake in your car. And, they’ll require you to provide them with proof of insurance.
Still have questions?
Using your vehicle to carry paying passengers is considered
We give you our best price that’s specifically tailored for you. We’ve come up with a number of ways to help make sure you get the best price on your insurance.
There are a number of ways you could save on your auto insurance:
- Exclusive Sonnet Savings. Self-service has its benefits! You’ll save just for purchasing your insurance online. How easy is that?
- Claims Free. If you’re lucky enough to have been claims-free for six years, you could save.
- Convictions Free. Good driving behaviour deserves to be rewarded!
- Multi-Vehicle. Insuring more than one vehicle with us? Awesome! You may qualify for a multi-vehicle saving.
- Multi-Policy (home and auto). You could save when you insure both your home and your vehicle with us.
- Winter Tires (only in Ontario). They’ll keep you safe and help you save on your auto insurance.
BONUS: Have more than one vehicle insured with Sonnet? No matter which one your drive the most, we’ll automatically assign you as the primary driver to the vehicle that will give you the best price on your insurance.
Each province has government regulations that oversee how prices are determined by insurance companies. At Sonnet, we use your personal information combined with public information about your vehicle and driver history to calculate a price just for you. Some of the factors we look at to determine the cost of your insurance include:
- Number of past claims
- Information about you (e.g. how many years you’ve been a licensed driver)
- Traffic violations (e.g. speeding tickets)
- Where you live
- Your vehicle and how you use it
Using these details and a whole lot of math and statistics, you get the most competitive price – savings included. The whole process takes just 5 minutes and the price you’re quoted is final. Buy online right away or save your quote and lock in your price for 45 days or until the coverage start date (whichever is sooner).