Save on insurance as an accounting graduate in Ontario – just do the math
As an accounting graduate, you qualify for an exclusive discount*. Get a quote, review and purchase home and auto insurance online in just 5 minutes.
Accounting graduates in Ontario can save a bundle on home and auto insurance
Canadians trust Sonnet to protect them at home and on the road just like people trust accountants with their finances. You understand the value of saving dollars and cents which is why we have different coverage options tailored just for you.
All graduates and students of an accredited Canadian university accounting program (or who obtained any degree from an accredited Canadian university and then continued on to post graduate accounting studies) can take advantage of our exclusive Accounting Graduates discount* on their home insurance. Accounting graduates and students can also take advantage of other discounts on their auto insurance.
Find out how much cancelling your current policy could cost.
Cancelling your current policy could cost about:
Switch and start saving
De-stress with these helpful tools for accounting graduates
Whether you work with numbers all day long or stare at a screen all day, it’s important to take mental breaks and get in the habit of practicing mindfulness to avoid work burnout. Here are some tools that can help guide you with quick and easy meditations:
Adding the Accounting Graduates discount* is easy.
- Look for the Canadian University field. Quickly search for the name of your university. We’ll ask you for your graduation/expected graduation year to confirm your eligibility.
- Click Continue.
- That’s it! Your Accounting Graduates discount will automatically be applied to your quote. If we’re unable to verify your eligibility, then the discount will be removed.
Already have a Sonnet insurance policy? Learn
If you’re already a Sonnet customer, you can easily add your group discount online in a few steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Select the policy you’d like to add a Group Discount to.
- Select Add Group Discount.
- Simply click “Employer or Association” and quickly search for the name of your employer, group, or association and select it from the suggestions that appear. We’ll ask for your
group IDto confirm your eligibility.
- If you’re a university or college alumni or student, click Canadian University or Canadian College. (If you’ve graduated from both, you can add both discounts and we’ll apply the one that gives you the best savings!)
- Click Add Discount.
- Review your policy change and any impact to the price of your policy over the remaining policy term. Click Update Policy.
- Your policy has been updated with a Group Discount. Review your updated policy payment schedule for changes to the amount of your payments.
Your group discount will automatically be applied to the selected policy. If we’re unable to verify your eligibility, then the discount will be removed.
If you have multiple policies with Sonnet, repeat the steps above for each policy to add a qualifying group discount.
We can help around the clock.
During your home or auto quote, start typing and select your group from the dropdown, then enter your
Depending on your group, some discounts will apply to both your auto and property policies, while others may apply only to one. If you’re a member of multiple groups, you can only apply one discount per policy.
Sonnet offers the Accounting Graduates discount* to graduates and students of an accredited Canadian university accounting program or who obtained any degree from an accredited Canadian university and then continued on to post graduate accounting studies. We currently do not offer the discount to graduates or students outside of Canada or from Canadian colleges. Check the list below to see if you qualify.
Note that Sonnet is not affiliated or partnered with the following schools.
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
- Capilano University
- Emily Carr University of Art + Design
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Royal Roads University
- Simon Fraser University
- The University of British Columbia
- Thompson Rivers University
- Trinity Western University
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of Victoria
- Vancouver Island University
- Athabasca University
- Concordia University of Edmonton
- MacEwan University
- Mount Royal University
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- The King’s University
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- Brandon University
- Canadian Mennonite University
- The University of Winnipeg
- University of Manitoba
- Algoma University
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- McMaster University
- Nipissing University
- Ontario College of Art and Design University (OCAD)
- Ontario Tech University (UOIT)
- Queen’s University
- Redeemer University College
- Royal Military College of Canada
- Ryerson University
- Trent University
- University of Guelph
- University of Ottawa
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- University of Windsor
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- York University
- Bishop’s University
- Concordia University
- École de technologie supérieure
- École nationale d’administration publique
- HEC Montréal
- Institut national de la recherche scientifique
- McGill University
- Polytechnique Montréal
- Université de Montréal
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Université du Québec à Montréal
- Université du Québec à Rimouski
- Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Université du Québec en Outaouais
- Université Laval
- Université TELUQ
- Mount Allison University
- Université de Moncton
- St. Thomas University
- University of New Brunswick
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Acadia University
- Cape Breton University
- Dalhousie University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- Nova Scotia College of Art & Design
- Saint Mary’s University
- St. Francis Xavier University
- Université Sainte-Anne
- University of King’s College
- University of Prince Edward Island
No, but you or your spouse need to be a graduate or student of an accredited Canadian university accounting program or obtained any degree from an accredited Canadian university and then continued on to post graduate accounting studies.
*This discount is only available in certain provinces, including Ontario. The amount of the discount and the insurance products to which the discount applies varies by province.
The 5 minutes to get insured is based on the average Sonnet customer experience.
Article source: The top 10 car insurance companies in Canada published 5 October 2020, Insurance Business Magazine,
The Sonnet customer satisfaction score is based on the average survey results of Economical Insurance respondents between January to December 2018.
External links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. They do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Sonnet of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organization or individual. We bear no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site.