In Alberta, engineering graduates who bundle could save up to $978
Claim your Engineering Graduates discount* and start saving today.
Get preferred home and auto rates as an engineering graduate in Alberta
From solving complex problems to designing award-winning infrastructure, engineering graduates and students appreciate simplicity and innovation. With our online platform, we’ve made it easier and faster than ever to get a quote, buy and manage your insurance. Whether you’re in the civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical, industrial or computer engineering fields or even if you’re not practicing, all engineering graduates and students of an accredited Canadian university engineering program qualify for the Engineering Graduates discount*.
A top 10 car insurer
Insurance Business Canada magazine reports that Sonnet has been named one of the top 10 car insurance companies in Canada.
We’re proud to be a homegrown Canadian company, part of the
Login anytime to manage your account, access policy documents and more.
24/7 claims support
With 600 claims professionals and a network of certified partners across Canada—we’re always here when you need us.
Reach us through email, chat or a phone call, however you prefer, we’re here for you.
Home and auto offers
Take advantage of savings at home and on the road with exclusive offers and promotions from our partners.
Don't wait for renewal
Get the latest tech insights
From insurance to 3D solutions, technology continues to be a part of everyday life. Learn more about
No, but you or your spouse need to be a graduate or a student of an accredited Canadian university engineering program.
All graduates and students of an accredited Canadian university engineering program can take advantage of the Engineering Graduates discount*. We currently do not offer the discount to graduates or students outside of Canada or from Canadian colleges. Check the list below to see if you qualify.
Note that Sonnet is not affiliated or partnered with the following schools.
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
- Simon Fraser University
- The University of British Columbia
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Victoria
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Manitoba
- Carleton University
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- McMaster University
- Ontario Tech University (UOIT)
- Queen’s University
- Royal Military College of Canada
- Ryerson University
- University of Guelph
- University of Ottawa
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- University of Windsor
- Western University
- York University
- Concordia University
- École de technologie supérieure
- McGill University
- Polytechnique Montréal
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Université du Québec à Montréal
- Université du Québec à Rimouski
- Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Université du Québec en Outaouais
- Université Laval
- Université de Moncton
- University of New Brunswick
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Nova Scotia
- Dalhousie University
- University of Prince Edward Island
Adding the Engineering Graduates discount* is easy.
- Look for the Canadian University field. Quickly search for the name of your university. We’ll ask you for your graduation/expected graduation year to confirm your eligibility.
- Click Continue.
- That’s it! Your Engineering Graduates discount will automatically be applied to your quote. If we’re unable to verify your eligibility, then the discount will be removed.
Already have a Sonnet insurance policy? Learn
Depending on your group, some discounts will apply to both your auto and property policies, while others may apply only to one. If you’re a member of multiple groups, you can only apply one discount per policy.
During your home or auto quote, start typing and select your group from the dropdown, then enter your
If you’re already a Sonnet customer, you can easily add your group discount online in a few steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Select the policy you’d like to add a Group Discount to.
- Select Add Group Discount.
- In the screen that appears, search for the name of your Group or Association and select it from the suggestions that appear. We’ll ask for your
group IDto confirm your eligibility.
- If you are an alumni of a Canadian University, you can also search for the name of the Canadian University you graduated from and select it from the suggestions that appear. We’ll ask you for your graduation year to confirm your eligibility.
- Click Add Group.
- Review your policy change and any impact to the price of your policy over the remaining policy term. Click Update Policy.
- Your policy has been updated with a Group Discount. Review your updated policy payment schedule for changes to the amount of your payments.
Your group discount will automatically be applied to the selected policy. If we’re unable to verify your eligibility, then the discount will be removed.
If you have multiple policies with Sonnet, repeat the steps above for each policy to add a qualifying group discount.
Average savings of $978 annually is calculated based on current bundled property and auto Sonnet policies nationally (excluding British Columbia) as of January 31, 2021 and includes affinity discount available to eligible engineering graduates in Alberta.
*This discount is only available in certain provinces, including Alberta. The amount of the discount and the insurance products to which the discount applies varies by province.
Article source: The top 10 car insurance companies in Canada published 5 October 2020, Insurance Business Magazine,
The Sonnet customer satisfaction score is based on the average survey results of Economical Insurance respondents between January to December 2018.
The 5 minutes to get insured is based on the average Sonnet customer experience.
External links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. They do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Sonnet of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organization or individual. We bear no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site.