Receive preferred home and auto rates as an engineering graduate in Ontario
Take advantage of our exclusive Engineering Graduates discount* from one of Canada’s top insurance providers.
As an engineering graduate, you appreciate thoughtful design and ease of use. In a few clicks, you can get a quote, buy and manage your policy, with no follow up calls – all on our digital platform. All graduates of an accredited Canadian university engineering program can take advantage of the Engineering Graduates discount* on their home insurance. Engineering graduates can also take advantage of other discounts on their auto insurance. From civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical, industrial to computer engineering – all engineering graduates can rest assured in selecting an insurance provider that Canadians can count on to protect what matters most.
Let the savings speak for itself
Get the latest engineering news
Access engineering content, information, insights and tools for engineers and technical professionals.
No, but you or your spouse need to be a graduate of an accredited Canadian university engineering program.
Depending on your group, some discounts will apply to both your auto and property policies, while others may apply only to one. If you’re a member of multiple groups, you can only apply one discount per policy.
During your home or auto quote, start typing and select your group from the dropdown, then enter your
If you’re already a Sonnet customer, you can easily add your group discount online in a few steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Select the policy you’d like to add a Group Discount to.
- Select Add Group Discount.
- In the screen that appears, search for the name of your Group or Association and select it from the suggestions that appear. We’ll ask for your
group IDto confirm your eligibility.
- If you are an alumni of a Canadian University, you can also search for the name of the Canadian University you graduated from and select it from the suggestions that appear. We’ll ask you for your graduation year to confirm your eligibility.
- Click Add Group.
- Review your policy change and any impact to the price of your policy over the remaining policy term. Click Update Policy.
- Your policy has been updated with a Group Discount. Review your updated policy payment schedule for changes to the amount of your payments.
Your group discount will automatically be applied to the selected policy. If we’re unable to verify your eligibility, then the discount will be removed.
If you have multiple policies with Sonnet, repeat the steps above for each policy to add a qualifying group discount.
All graduates of an accredited Canadian university engineering program can take advantage of the Engineering Graduates discount* on their home insurance. Engineering graduates can also take advantage of other discounts on their auto insurance. We currently do not offer the discount to graduates outside of Canada or from Canadian colleges. Check the list below to see if you qualify.
Note that Sonnet is not affiliated or partnered with the following schools.
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
- Simon Fraser University
- The University of British Columbia
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Victoria
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Manitoba
- Carleton University
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- McMaster University
- Ontario Tech University (UOIT)
- Queen’s University
- Royal Military College of Canada
- Ryerson University
- University of Guelph
- University of Ottawa
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- University of Windsor
- Western University
- York University
- Concordia University
- École de technologie supérieure
- McGill University
- Polytechnique Montréal
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Université du Québec à Montréal
- Université du Québec à Rimouski
- Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Université du Québec en Outaouais
- Université Laval
- Université de Moncton
- University of New Brunswick
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Nova Scotia
- Dalhousie University
- University of Prince Edward Island
Adding the Engineering Graduates discount* is easy.
- Look for the Canadian University field. You can quickly search for the name of the university you graduated from. We’ll ask you for your graduation year to confirm your eligibility.
- Click Continue.
- That’s it! Your Engineering Graduates discount will automatically be applied to your quote. If we’re unable to verify your eligibility, then the discount will be removed.
Already have a Sonnet insurance policy? Learn
*This discount is only available in certain provinces, including Ontario. The amount of the discount and the insurance products to which the discount applies varies by province.
Article source: The top 10 car insurance companies in Canada published 5 October 2020, Insurance Business Magazine,
The Sonnet customer satisfaction score is based on the average survey results of Economical Insurance respondents between January to December 2018.
External links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. They do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Sonnet of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organization or individual. We bear no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site.