University and college alumni can save a bundle on home and car insurance
Get a juicy discount as a Canadian University or College Alumni and bundle your home and auto to save even more.
Get the alumni benefits of home and car insurance with Sonnet
Adulting is hard. Sonnet is simple. Just answer a few easy questions and we’ll provide coverage options and a price built just for you! Plus, as a graduate or student of any Canadian University or College, regardless of what city – Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Montreal, or any other – you could be eligible for exclusive savings on your home and auto insurance.
Getting your exclusive Canadian University and College Alumni discount is simple. Just follow the link below and use your graduation/expected graduation year as your Group ID – your discount will automatically be applied. Bundle your home and auto insurance and you could save even more. The price you’re quoted is final. Just click, review and buy online.
Quote & buy online
Sonnet is Canada’s first fully online insurance company. Answer a few simple questions, customize your coverage and buy securely online. Login anytime to manage your account, access policy documents and more.
Online doesn’t have to mean on-your-own. Our award-winning Insurance Advisors are here to help. Email, chat or call our fully-licensed agents and experience our 91% customer satisfaction score for yourself.
24/7 claims support
With 600 claims professionals and a network of certified partners across Canada—we’re always here when you need us. Plus, our hassle-free claims promise guarantees the quality of your repairs when you use our pre-screened vendors.
Depending on your group, some discounts will apply to both your auto and property policies, while others may apply only to one. If you’re a member of multiple groups, you can only apply one discount per policy.
If you’re already a Sonnet customer, you can easily add your group discount online in a few steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Select the policy you’d like to add a Group Discount to.
- Select Add Group Discount.
- Simply click “Employer or Association” and quickly search for the name of your employer, group, or association and select it from the suggestions that appear. We’ll ask for your
group IDto confirm your eligibility.
- If you’re a university or college alumni or student, click Canadian University or Canadian College. (If you’ve graduated from both, you can add both discounts and we’ll apply the one that gives you the best savings!)
- Click Add Discount.
- Review your policy change and any impact to the price of your policy over the remaining policy term. Click Update Policy.
- Your policy has been updated with a Group Discount. Review your updated policy payment schedule for changes to the amount of your payments.
Your group discount will automatically be applied to the selected policy. If we’re unable to verify your eligibility, then the discount will be removed.
If you have multiple policies with Sonnet, repeat the steps above for each policy to add a qualifying group discount.
We can help around the clock.
During your home or auto quote, start typing and select your group from the dropdown, then enter your
To qualify for a group discount, you or your spouse need to be an alumni or a student of an eligible
Sonnet offers the Canadian Alumni University group discount to graduates and students of Canadian Universities. Check the list below to see if you qualify. Sonnet also offers the Canadian Alumni College discount to
Note that Sonnet is not affiliated or associated with the following schools.
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
- Capilano University
- Emily Carr University of Art + Design
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Royal Roads University
- Simon Fraser University
- The University of British Columbia
- Thompson Rivers University
- Trinity Western University
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of Victoria
- Vancouver Island University
- Athabasca University
- Concordia University of Edmonton
- MacEwan University
- Mount Royal University
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- The King’s University
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Lethbridge
- Campion College
- First Nations University of Canada
- Luther College
- St. Thomas More College
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- Brandon University
- Canadian Mennonite University
- St. Paul’s College
- The University of Winnipeg
- Université de Saint-Boniface
- University of Manitoba
- Algoma University
- Brescia University College
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- McMaster University
- Nipissing University
- Ontario College of Art and Design University (OCAD)
- Ontario Tech University
- Queen’s University
- Redeemer University College
- Royal Military College
- Ryerson University
- Trent University
- University of Guelph
- University of Ottawa
- University of Sudbury
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- University of Windsor
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- York University
- Bishop’s University
- Concordia University
- École de technologie supérieure
- École nationale d’administration publique
- HEC Montréal
- Institut national de la recherche scientifique
- McGill University
- Polytechnique Montréal
- Université de Montréal
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Université du Québec à Montréal
- Université du Québec à Rimouski
- Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Université du Québec en Outaouais
- Université Laval
- Université TELUQ
- Mount Allison University
- Université de Moncton
- St. Thomas University
- University of New Brunswick
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Acadia University
- Cape Breton University
- Dalhousie University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- Nova Scotia College of Art & Design
- Saint Mary’s University
- St. Francis Xavier University
- Université Sainte-Anne
- University of King’s College
- University of Prince Edward Island
Adding a group discount is easy.
- Look for the Group Discount field when getting a home or auto quote. Simply click “Employer or Association” and quickly search for the name of your employer, group, or association and select it from the suggestions that appear. We’ll ask for your
group IDto confirm your eligibility.
- If you’re a university or college alumni or student, click Canadian University or Canadian College. (If you’ve graduated from both, you can add both discounts and we’ll apply the one that gives you the best savings!) Quickly search for the name of your university or college. We’ll ask you for your graduation/expected graduation year to confirm your eligibility.
- Click Add Discount.
- That’s it! Your group discount will automatically be applied to your quote. If we’re unable to verify your eligibility, then the discount will be removed.
Already have a Sonnet insurance policy? Learn
*The discount will be available to Canadian college alumni in B.C. on August 18, 2023 and in P.E.I. on August 19, 2023.