University alumni can save a bundle on home and auto insurance
Get an exclusive discount* as a Canadian University Alumni and bundle your home and auto to save even more.
Get the alumni benefits of home and auto insurance with Sonnet
We’re Canada’s first fully online insurance company. Just answer a few simple questions and we’ll provide coverage options and a price built just for you! Plus, as a graduate or student of any Canadian University, regardless of what city – Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Montreal, or any other – you could be eligible for exclusive savings on your home and auto insurance.
Getting your exclusive Canadian University Alumni discount* is easy. Just follow the link below and use your graduation/expected graduation year as your Group ID – your discount will automatically be applied. Bundle your home and auto insurance and you could save even more. The price you’re quoted is final. There are no hidden fees or follow up calls. Just click, review and buy online.
Quote & buy online
Sonnet is Canada’s first fully online insurance company. Answer a few simple questions, customize your coverage and buy securely online. Login anytime to manage your account, access policy documents and more.
Online doesn’t have to mean on-your-own. Our award-winning Insurance Advisors are here to help. Email, chat or call our fully-licensed agents and experience our 91% customer satisfaction score for yourself.
24/7 claims support
With 600 claims professionals and a network of certified partners across Canada—we’re always here when you need us. Plus, our hassle-free claims promise guarantees the quality of your repairs when you use our pre-screened vendors.
Sonnet offers the Canadian Alumni group discount to graduates and students of all Canadian Universities. We currently do not offer the discount to graduates outside of Canada or from Canadian colleges. Check the list below to see if you qualify.
Note that Sonnet is not affiliated or associated with the following schools.
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
- Capilano University
- Emily Carr University of Art + Design
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Royal Roads University
- Simon Fraser University
- The University of British Columbia
- Thompson Rivers University
- Trinity Western University
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of Victoria
- Vancouver Island University
- Athabasca University
- Concordia University of Edmonton
- MacEwan University
- Mount Royal University
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- The King’s University
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Lethbridge
- Campion College
- First Nations University of Canada
- Luther College
- St. Thomas More College
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- Brandon University
- Canadian Mennonite University
- St. Paul’s College
- The University of Winnipeg
- Université de Saint-Boniface
- University of Manitoba
- Algoma University
- Brescia University College
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- McMaster University
- Nipissing University
- Ontario College of Art and Design University (OCAD)
- Ontario Tech University
- Queen’s University
- Redeemer University College
- Royal Military College
- Ryerson University
- Trent University
- University of Guelph
- University of Ottawa
- University of Sudbury
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- University of Windsor
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- York University
- Bishop’s University
- Concordia University
- École de technologie supérieure
- École nationale d’administration publique
- HEC Montréal
- Institut national de la recherche scientifique
- McGill University
- Polytechnique Montréal
- Université de Montréal
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Université du Québec à Montréal
- Université du Québec à Rimouski
- Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Université du Québec en Outaouais
- Université Laval
- Université TELUQ
- Mount Allison University
- Université de Moncton
- St. Thomas University
- University of New Brunswick
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Acadia University
- Cape Breton University
- Dalhousie University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- Nova Scotia College of Art & Design
- Saint Mary’s University
- St. Francis Xavier University
- Université Sainte-Anne
- University of King’s College
- University of Prince Edward Island
To qualify for a group discount, you or your spouse need to be an alumni or a student of an eligible Canadian University, member of an eligible association, an affinity partner or an employee/retiree of a sponsored company. When you add your discount, we’ll also ask for a
Adding a group discount is easy.
- Look for the Group Discount field when getting a home or auto quote. You can quickly search for the name of your group or association and select it from the suggestions that appear. We’ll ask for your
group IDto confirm your eligibility.
- If you’re a university alumni or student, look for the Canadian University field. Quickly search for the name of your university. As a university alumni or student, you may be eligible for a group discount. We’ll ask you for your graduation/expected graduation year to confirm your eligibility.
- Click Continue.
- That’s it! Your group discount will automatically be applied to your quote. If we’re unable to verify your eligibility, then the discount will be removed.
Already have a Sonnet insurance policy? Learn
Depending on your group, some discounts will apply to both your auto and property policies, while others may apply only to one. If you’re a member of multiple groups, you can only apply one discount per policy.
During your home or auto quote, start typing and select your group from the dropdown, then enter your
If you’re already a Sonnet customer, you can easily add your group discount online in a few steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Select the policy you’d like to add a Group Discount to.
- Select Add Group Discount.
- In the screen that appears, search for the name of your Group or Association and select it from the suggestions that appear. We’ll ask for your
group IDto confirm your eligibility.
- If you are an alumni of a Canadian University, you can also search for the name of the Canadian University you graduated from and select it from the suggestions that appear. We’ll ask you for your graduation year to confirm your eligibility.
- Click Add Group.
- Review your policy change and any impact to the price of your policy over the remaining policy term. Click Update Policy.
- Your policy has been updated with a Group Discount. Review your updated policy payment schedule for changes to the amount of your payments.
Your group discount will automatically be applied to the selected policy. If we’re unable to verify your eligibility, then the discount will be removed.
If you have multiple policies with Sonnet, repeat the steps above for each policy to add a qualifying group discount.
*Available in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and PEI.